Kintail, Scotland - MacLennan homeland
Clan tent at US Highland Games
Book now for 2018 Gathering in Inverness
Highland Games parade
Book now for 2018 Clan Gathering – Inverness
– for details click on “2018 Gathering” on side menu
Welcome to Clan MacLennan USA
We attend Highland Gatherings in different parts of the US. Our Facebook page is a place to connect with your US MacLennan relatives.
The Clan MacLennan genealogy pages are a place where your ancestors can be properly recorded for posterity. We already have over 35,000 individuals in our Clan database – with roots going back to Scotland and across the globe. The evidence for the work include official record citations, certificates, headstones and much more. We have coverage of the MacLennans who migrated directly to the US and others via Canada.
Access to the on-line Clan genealogy database is available simply by joining our Clan association—our membership link should go active this fall (2017).
Our biggest upcoming event is the 2018 Highland Gathering in Inverness, Scotland. Some US members have already indicated they plan to attend. To find out more, please click on the menu item “2018 Gathering“.
McLennan County, Texas, is named for Neil McLennan who migrated with his family from Skye in Scotland to North Carolina in 1801 and later to Florida then Texas in self-made ships. His was one of the first European families to settle in Texas. The right-side banner picture above is an oil-on-canvas mural entitled “McLennan Looking for a Home” painted by Jose Aceves in 1939 as a mural in the Post Office at Mart, TX. Neil is ID number i36535 in our Clan database at www.clanmaclennan-worldwide.com/genealogy. The left-side image is the MacLennan homeland, Kintail, on the west coast of Scotland. The 1920s “castle” was built on ruins left since the Jacobite “Rising” of 1719.
Our aims are charitable, educational, cultural and genealogical, namely:
- Continuation of the family traditions of the MacLennan clan and septs
- Cultivation of a spirit of kinship and fellowship among members
- Recording and preservation of the history and heritage of Clan MacLennan and Septs
- Collection and preservation of the records, traditions, and historical matters regarding Celtic people in Scotland and elsewhere
- Sponsoring of educational programs regarding the history and culture of the clan and Scotland
- Assistance to persons eligible for membership in the Association
- Acclaim of the Clan motto “Dum Spiro Spero”
- Encouragement of members to participate in the leadership of the Association
- Supply information and assistance to regional Clan Organizations, except to the extent that such assistance might hinder or restrict these organizations.
President: Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) C. Patrick Howard
Secretary & Historian: Marilyn Baumeister
Treasurer: Dale Young
Chaplain: Charlie McLendon
At Large: Don Waugh II
Eileen MacLennan Johnson
Clan MacLennan Tartan & Crested Goods for sale:
Some US McLennans:
Neil McLennan, Texas pioneer – Clan database ID number i36535
General Kenneth McLennan, US Marines, served in Korea, Vietnam, Gulf etc – Clan database ID number i22525
Dr Donald McLennan, Medical doctor of San Francisco, Tonga and Hawaii – Clan database ID number i63812
June 10th, 2017 – Mother Lode Highland Games, Plymouth, CA – Come and meet us at our Clan MacLennan tent, hosted by our tireless California convener Eileen Johnson MacLennan. More at http://themotherlodegames.com/